Firstly, you need to know what the Ketogenic Diet is exactly?
“Ketogenic” is a term for a low-carb diet .The ketogenic diet is a high fat, moderate protein, low carbohydrate eating pattern, which differs from general, healthful eating recommendations.
The Keto diet can be used to achieve weight loss, blood sugar management, and other health-related goals.
The Ketogenic Diet awfully reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. This deduction in carbs puts your body into a Soaking up state called ketosis.
When this happens, your body becomes abundantly systematic at burning fat for energy. As well it turn out to be fat into ketones in the liver, and that supply energy for the brain.
Ketogenic diets can cause remarkable easing in blood sugar and insulin levels. This, forward with the expanded ketones, has some health benefits.
Different types of ketogenic diets
There are many versions of the ketogenic diet, including:
- Standard ketogenic diet– The Standard Ketogenic Diet is a very low-carbohydrate with moderate-protein and high-fat diet. It usually contains 70 per cent fat, 20 per cent protein and only 10 per cent carbohydrates.
- Cyclical ketogenic diet- This cyclical Ketogenic Diet includes periods of higher-carbohydrates in between the ketogenic diet cycles.
- Targeted ketogenic diet- This Targeted Ketogenic Diet diet allows additional carbohydrates around the periods of the intensive physical workout.
- High protein ketogenic diet- This High Protien Ketogenic Diet includes more protein and the ratio around 60 per cent fat, 35 per cent protein and five per cent carbohydrates but as can be seen, it is quiet a very high fat diet.
Benefits of Keto Diet:
1. Reasarch and Studies show that the Keto diets can lead to dramatic weight loss and improve most major risk factors for heart disease.
2. A Ketogenic diet may improve many features of metabolic syndrome.
3. The Ketogenic diet Improves acne. May reduce risk of certain cancers.
4. The keto diet helps reduce seizures in pediatric patients with epilepsy.
5. It improves your health and quality of life in many ways.
Day 1: Monday
- Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs with Sautéed Onions and Cheddar Cheese
- Snack : Peanut Butter Fudge Crisp Bar
- Lunch : Cauliflower soup with tofu cubes
- Snack : 3/4 medium zucchini cut into sticks and 2 oz provolone cheese
- Dinner : zucchini noodles
Day 2: Tuesday
- Breakfast : Atkins Frozen Farmhouse-Style Sausage Scramble
- Snack : Keto Tortilla Chips
- Lunch : 1 serving Tuna-Celery Salad with Mixed Greens and 3 cherry tomatoes
- Snack : 1 stalk celery with 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- Dinner : 7 oz bone-in pork chop with Cauliflower-Cheddar Mash
Day 3: Wednesday
- Breakfast : Spinach and Cheese Omelet
- Snack : Strawberry shake
- Lunch : chicken over baby spinach, tomato, and avocado salad
- Snack : 2 oz ham, 2 Tbsp cream cheese, and 2 dill pickle spears
- Dinner : Keto Ground Beef
Day 4: Thursday
- Breakfast: Bulletproof Coffee with one egg.
- Snack : French Vanilla Shake
- Lunch : frozen crustless chicken pot pie
- Snack : Slices of cheese
- Dinner: hamburger topped with pepper jack cheese, 1 small tomato, avocado, and 2 romaine lettuce leaves
Day 5: Friday
- Breakfast : 2 large eggs
- Snack : Café caramel shake
- Lunch : frozen chilli con crane with a side of 2 cups mixed greens and 2 Tbsp Italian Dressing
- Snack: 1 Boiled egg
- Dinner : Half of a California cobb salad with ranch dressing from California Pizza Kitchen
Day 6: Saturday
- Breakfast : Scrambled eggs on a bed of sautéed greens with pumpkin seeds
- Snack : Strawberry Shake
- Lunch : Tuna salad with 4 oz tuna, 2 stalks celery, 1 dill pickle spear, 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Snack : 1 mushroom cap and 1 oz pepper jack cheese
- Dinner : 5 oz Italian sausage, ¼ medium onion sliced, and ½ red bell pepper sliced with a side of 2 cups baby spinach, ½ cup sliced mushrooms, and 2 Tbsp Blue cheese dressing
Day 7: Sunday
- Breakfast : Pumpkin flax pancakes
- Snack : 5 whole snap peas and 2 oz cheddar
- Lunch : 6 oz chicken breast over 5 radishes and 2 Tbsp Creamy Italian Dressing
- Snack : 2 stalks celery and 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- Dinner: Baked Salmon with charmoula over Broccoli
Author Bio: Savita Thakur is a professional freelance Writer. She has experience writting with food, home decor, keto recipes and health tips.